Sunday, 1 December 2013

Precious Sundays

Hello

Just stopping by to say a fond farewell to Storytelling Sunday. After three wonderful years of memorable yarns, it's creator has rung down the final curtain with a cracking tale that is the perfect reminder to us all to listen more carefully and take note of those small but oh, so important moments that happen every day. Write them down, record them in some way, so that they are never forgotten. Storytelling Sunday has given so many of us the opportunity to do just that and I will miss it greatly.

Thank you Sian for creating and inviting me to remember so many big and small occasions during the past couple of years during my participation. Sharing stories, feeling part of a group of lovely bloggers, has meant a lot to me.

The theme for Storytelling Sunday Three this past year has been Pick Your Precious. As this is the last one, I can think of nothing more precious than my family. These past few months have been enormously difficult ones and continue to be so. Life sometimes has a way of turning your world upside down and the things you enjoy the most have to take a back seat. I have felt the lack of blogging keenly but the living has had to be got through. Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans, sang John Lennon in a 'Beautiful Boy'. How true is this?

I recently celebrated my 68th birthday. My elder daughter took me out for afternoon tea with the grandchildren. How precious is this!


  



My younger daughter was too ill to travel, but I joined her and her husband in Kent a few days later and celebrated my son-in-law's birthday.




These are the people that mean the world to me. They are my precious.

*****

So, a fond farewell Storytelling Sunday. Your stories will never be forgotten.

Hugs, Irene x



10 comments:

Jane said...

a lovely post, family is so special x

Sian said...

Irene, I'm absolutely chuffed to bits that you have been able to post today. Thank you for your very kind words..you have been such an encouragement over the past couple of years and it's been a pleasure to get to know you through your stories. Very many thanks from me to you this Christmas x

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

A perfect precious to round out the year.

Missus Wookie said...

Irene - what a lovely set of precious things, people are indeed the most precious aren't they?

Amy said...

Most months I wanted to come back to something family related, they really are the most precious of all!

favouriteworkofart said...

Oh, it brought a tear to my eye. Here's wishing you well for the future. Life does knock us for six sometimes, unfortunately. Hope you, and all your "precious'es" have a wonderful Christmas.

alexa said...

Such lovely photos of you all, Irene, and you are weathering the stress so well :). Lovely to read of your closeness as a family ...

Maria Ontiveros said...

A precious time indeed! I agree with all you have said about Sian's Storytelling Sunday..
Rinda

Jo said...

A lovely post with beautiful photos x

Barbara Eads said...

Irene, I always enjoy your stories. Hopefully you won't stop!! Your family is beautiful.