Sunday, 1 September 2013

Show me the Way

Hello to you all

The suggested theme for this month's Storytelling Sunday is a small story; it can be about a lucky charm or a talisman. This theme is very apt, for I had already chosen a precious item about which to write. Here it is.






  
It is hand-carved and measures a mere 1 1/2 x 1 inch. I love that it is so beautifully pieced together, the small heart fitting neatly into it's chosen spot, the smoothness of the wood in my hand. This compass has been my travelling talisman for a great number of years. How many more journeys will we make together? I am hoping for a few! 

If you enjoy a good story be it short, long, small or tall, then do pop on over to Sian's blog, From High in the Sky. You will be glad that you did.  

Thank you for stopping by.

8 comments:

Sian said...

It's a perfect talisman! I have a particular affection for anything miniature and I can just imagine reaching into a pocket and feeling this small treasure. It's lovely and I hope you have many more journeys together. Thanks Irene.

Sheena said...

How beautifully made your compass looks x
Happy travels.

Becky said...

What a beautiful compass. I can see why it is so precious to you :)

Wendrie Heywood said...

Oh that is lovely - not surprised it is a treasure :)

Mel said...

What a lovely item and it must have its own stories to tell.

Jo said...

I love it, it's so beautiful x

Alison said...

Wishing you and your Precious many more journeys!
Alison xx

alexa said...

What a beautiful object ... I imagine it just sits snugly in a palm. May you both ave many more happy adventures!