Thursday, 5 September 2013

Planning a fun weekend

Hello

This weekend will be my eldest grand-daughter's 7th birthday. I can hardly believe that seven years have elapsed since that incredible day when she was born at my home. My daughter elected to have a home birth and I had the privilege to witness the birth together with her husband and two midwives. It was such a special time being with my daughter as she gave birth to hers. 

In September 2006, my daughter and her husband were living with me prior to moving into their new home and now, seven years on, we are all living together again. I am in my lovely granny annexe and they are in the main house. This arrangement is working out so well. We each have our privacy and really enjoy the times we are all together. And, I get to spend as much time as I want with my three grandchildren - lucky granny!

The children's new school term started yesterday; my eldest grand-daughter's third year and the first for my grandson. He was a little apprehensive as he left for school but had a really happy day. I tried to get a photograph before they left the house but couldn't get the children to stand still, hence the blur. This is the best I could do for the family album. At least it is some kind of a record for this momentous day...





And now, back to that birthday. I have been rather busy making decorations for the birthday party with the aid of my eldest grand-daughter and my younger daughter and son-in-law. The party has a fun theme. Can you guess from these photographs what we have been making?



For these decorations, we used pages from the numerous catalogues that find their way to my door. 

And lots of scrapbooking paper for these.


Next week, I will post some more photographs of them in situ

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.


2 comments:

Barbara Eads said...

Even if your picture is a bit blurry, it's still precious!! Can't wait to see what the party "things" are.

alexa said...

Blurry is better than nothing, I always think! And intrigued by the paper folding ... Fans?