Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Time for the Grandchildren

Time for some cuteness, I feel... It has been a while since I posted a photograph or two of my grandchildren. Our baby is now six months old. I can hardly believe it. Here she is. 




Don't you just love those chubby legs!



During the house move, I took the older two grandchildren to the Weald and Downland Open Air Museum in West Sussex while their parents attempted to unpack after the departure of the removal company. We chose one of the wettest days this year but enjoyed such a fun day out. They were really interested in learning about historical rural life and quite fascinated by the Victorian Schoolhouse.



This building was originally a cart shed that was converted to a school for 'six poor children' in the village of West Wittering in around 1851. My six year old granddaughter wanted to know what happened to the children who were taught there. I could only say that they probably felt very fortunate to be able to receive an education and being small in number, would have had their teacher's undivided attention. One can only hope that they went on to achieve great things. My grandson, aged 4, wanted to know where the computers were!

Later on this week, I shall post some before and after photographs of my new abode, so do pop back for a visit on Friday.

And thank you for all my welcome back to blog-land messages. I really appreciate them. Bye for now.

4 comments:

Sian said...

What a fine looking family you are :)

Barbara Eads said...

Your "babies" are precious! But the little baby is downright adorable!

Louise said...

Chubby baby legs are the best - gorgeous photos. Had to smile at your grandsons comment x

Elizabeth said...

I see the baby is getting to that precious stage--how wonderful is that! The older kids sure look like they love to learn.