Friday, 17 May 2013

May Simply A Moment

Middle of the month already? That can only mean one thing. Time to join Alexa and her merry band of followers over at Trimming the Sails to record Simply a Moment

The past five days were spent with my younger daughter at her home in Kent. She had various medical appointments on Monday that I wished to attend with her. If you are a regular reader of this blog, you will know that my daughter has Sarcoidosis, specifically in her lungs and bones. She has been on a lengthy, painful and debilitating journey but at long last, there is a glimmer of hope. The nodules in her lungs and left hip are now dormant and the doctors are able to commence reducing the steroids to a much lower dosage. This is wonderful news. If you are not familiar with the long term use of steroids, two of the side effects are a tendency for weight gain and the risk of osteoporosis, a Catch 22 situation. She is to have another MRI scan shortly, as there is still concern about her right hip, but we are hopeful this is a muscular problem rather than sarcoidosis. My daughter will be 35 in June, and for three years has been unable to work. She has a very supportive husband and I am hoping that as she turns 35, there is a new chapter awaiting them and a lot to look forward to. 



During my time with her, we were busy making decorations for our baby's Christening that will take place on Sunday. My daughter had printed out some of my patterns and cut them into circles for bunting - a real labour of love! We also made some large pom poms. Let's pray for a dry day on Sunday. They are going to look great decorating the garden.




Now you may be wondering, as this is Simply a Moment, when was that moment. I could record many from while I was with my daughter but as I was home for the 15th, I have chosen the following. Upon arrival home from Kent, as I got out of my car in the drive-way, I could hear that it was my grandchildren's bath-time. There were shrieks of laughter and a lot of splashing noises coming through an open window in the main house. I tapped on the window and heard, 'It's Granny. Granny's home'. Could there have been a better moment to record? Within an instant, I was enveloped in warm, damp hugs. I am so grateful to have my elder daughter and family now living just across the garden. No more returning to an empty home and a hug whenever one is really needed. I am so very fortunate.

I will be back after the weekend with some photographs of the Christening but in the meantime, don't forget to pop over to Alexa's and share your Moment.

7 comments:

Miriam said...

What a beautiful moment to experience and to share Irene. Hoping you have fabulous weather for the Christening, the bunting and pom pom looks wonderful.

Sian said...

I know only too well how wonderful it feels when they tell you it's time to start reducing the dose. I know that has its challenges in itself..but hurray all the same! Definitely worth capturing.

alexa said...

How warming is it to read of your good news, and to sense the excited and happy calls of love for you! Your new arrangement sounds so perfect ... Glad to know there are positive signs for your daughter, and hope for even better news soon. Thank-you so much, in the midst of all of this creative busyness, for taking the time to join in and link up :).

Louise said...

i hope this is a turning point for your daughter and wish her well. lovely moments x

Barbara Eads said...

You had many special moments in this post. But I totally relate to the one with your grandchildren. There's nothing better!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Awww. . . what a lovely moment. Full of love and happiness. Hoping for many more like it in the future.
Rinda

Becky said...

I do hope that there is a happier future for your daughter and how lovely to have your other daughter and grandchildren living so close :-)