Thursday, 10 January 2013

2012 Christmas... a little late

It feels so right to be blogging again. Thank you all for your lovely comments on Storytelling Sunday. They helped enormously. I found it quite difficult to get back into the blogging groove after the sickness hiatus but now can't wait to see where 2013 takes me.

First though, let's look back at some special moments that capture the essence of our family Christmas. 



There were several highlights. My grandson's nursery Christmas concert; the arrival of the Elf on the Shelf; Winter Wonderland at West Dean Gardens; afternoon tea in Emsworth; my granddaughter's school Nativity - where she got to play Mary; Christmas Eve at Church; Christmas day.

Looking forward, 2013 is going to be a year of change for me. I may have mentioned the plans to downsize? Well, it is definitely happening, though I won't have far to move. Just somewhere smaller in my own garden. More on this in a later blog post.

On the artistic front, I plan to continue learning about Illustrator and Photoshop, as I so enjoy pattern designing. More stitching with my granddaughter - she has plans for a whole new wardrobe for her Christmas doll. Some scrapbooking, probably more of the digital kind, as I have handed over vast swathes of ephemera to my youngest daughter because of the downsizing.  And, as the elder two grandchildren love drawing and painting, there should be lots of that to write about too.

Looking forward to catching up with you all. I missed seeing what everyone was up to over the holiday season.

Until the next time.

4 comments:

Sian said...

The downsizing plans sound so intriguing..I'm looking forward to hearing more. And pictures of the dolls new wardrobe too, please :)

Elizabeth said...

I'm sure 2013 will be better than 2012 for you and your family. Can't wait to see all the cute things your granddaughter makes with her new sewing machine.

Beverly said...

It sounds like a very full and wonderful Christmas season :) I am having a hard time getting back into the blogging groove after illness as well but know once back in I will be happy about it.

Alison said...

Lovely pictures Irene...love the sound of the doll's clothes!
Alison xx