Friday, 21 September 2012

The 2012 Photography Scavenger Hunt

Hello, 

I have to say that participating in Rinda's Hunt this summer gave me so much pleasure. It meant I was always on the look-out for something from the list. It made me more observant, gave me the opportunity to visit places I might not have thought of. I chatted about it with family and friends, and they would often join me when I was out taking photographs and even, on one occasion, photographed me. I was fortunate enough to find all of the 21 things listed for the Scavenger Hunt.





I have placed the photographs on a couple of digital pages. The background paper is one of my own patterned designs from a collection I am presently putting together. I think I might print the pages off and write on each photograph what it represents and where it was taken. The hunt commenced here and this link should take you to all the other posts.

Two important things struck me about participating in this Scavenger Hunt. Firstly, behind each photograph there is a story. They were not random shots. By having a list to keep to meant the story had more meaning. For instance, the horse photograph is not a terribly good one (and I did see some finer beasts later...) but it was taken in the middle of a thunderstorm and will always be a reminder of the dreadful summer we have experienced this year in the UK. The second, and more important connection, were the many people who joined in and provided me with photographic glimpses into their lives and shared a story or two along the way. Such a bonus!

Thank you Rinda for organising this event. I can hardly wait to see what you have in store for us in 2013.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. I would be delighted if you could pop in on Sunday. I am having a celebratory give-away here on the blog for a special Anniversary. See you then?


22 comments:

Sian said...

Yes! There is a story behind each one and the fun has come in hearing everyone else's stories as much as in finding our own. Rinda chose her objects carefully I think

alexa said...

Wonderful to see them all together like this - and clearly so many stories contained in your lovely pages too. Am impressed you found them all and will be keeping an eye open on Sunday. :)

Melissa said...

I like how you've put these on digital layout - great idea! I'm thinking of printing mine for a little mini-album. I agree that it was so much fun & can't wait to see next year's list!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Awesome. There are so many wonderful photos and stories. One of my favorite images is your shadow.
Thanks for playing along.
Rinda

Abi said...

I totally agree with your sentiments! It's not often that we think about the stories behind the photos! I too have loved reading about different peoples experience of the hunt!

scrappyjacky said...

I love how you've put them altogether on this page....my favourite is your phone box....and the story behind it.

Cheri said...

I feel the same way about my shots Irene - each one seems to have a story attached, many of which I wrote about in my blog posts. I love how you put these into a two page digital layout. I've got all my individual shots in this years 2-up "Focus" album, but I may lift this idea as well! Can't wait for next year's hunt!

Elizabeth said...

Now that I look back at my photos, I can see a story emerging. I had a fantastic time doing the scavenger hunt this year.

Sandie said...

That's a lovely way to show your photos, Irene. I hoped to put mine into an album but run out of time. I love your stories behind the photo and found I did the same. I took better photos when opportunity arose but kept the original in most cases as it had meaning. Thank you for sharing your collection.

Karen said...

I love seeing all these photos together. Like you, there are stories behind most of my captures. I need to find a way to pull all mine together the way you have.

happysnapper said...

"behind each photograph there is a story. They were not random shots. " you are so right i loved that my shots have also captured moments of our life today which would otherwise have been lost. even the random train shot which is frankly rubbish i wont ever forget as it was snapped from the car window on the way to ds's first piano exam and we were all excited as it was the last thing we needed to find to complete the hunt and i managed to get my phone out the bag and get the train before it slipped out of view lol. such memories in a rubbish train shot

mags21 said...

thank you for your comments. What beauitful photographs you have taken. I to have special stories behind each photograph..Well done for getting them all, I did not quite managed it. Look forward to next years. Have a lovely week-end. Margaret.

Liz, said...

Hi Irene, thanks for popping by and leaving such a lovely comment.

I have just had a nosey at your shots, the telephone box library is a really cool idea. We still have one nearby too, maybe the idea will spread.

Scrappi Sandi said...

I love how you've presented your spread of photo's & you're so right about there being a story behind each one! I agree too with sian who says that it is just as much fun to see & hear everyone else's photo's & stories as it is to capture our own! Definitely love the phone box pic, but the 'someone playing a musical instrument' is just perfect!! :D

Jimjams said...

It has indeed been lovely to participate in this treasure hunt by taking photos - it opens up your eyes and adds to the excitement of days out - and it's also been fun to see other people's interpretations and adventures.
I love your two collages - happy days :o)

Jo Murray said...

Lovely photos Irene. I like the horse one... it tells a story to the viewer too.

Flora said...

You have some great photos, and I love the stories you've shared about them. My favorites are the telephone box turned library (how genius!) and the beautiful angel.

Irene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
boysmum2 said...

I think my family enjoyed having to help me, kept us all amused. I too love all the stories that are behind the pictures, will try and scrap about them one day like others have done. Roll on 2013, more fun to come

Louise said...

well done on finding them all Irene..i love how you have presented the collection. I enjoyed the hunt too and look forward to next years x

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Great photos and I love the collages you have made. I agree that each photo holds a little story, and I have loved participating in Rinda's scavenger hunt again this year. I already can't wait till next summer! :o)

Julie J said...

Well done on finding them all and sharing the stories behind them.