Sunday, 30 September 2012

Month in Numbers

Hello

It has been some time since I joined in with Julie Kirk's Months in Numbers and this month, I aim to rectify that. I always enjoy dropping by notes on paper as there is usually something really fascinating going on.

The month of September started out with an influx of unexpected visitors. Friends from Yorkshire, Leicester and Rhode Island arrived - at different times! - and we were very happy to see them all.

I have gathered up some of the numbers and placed them in a layout


digital file folders from Splendid Fiinds

One of the highlights of September was participating in Rinda's 2012 Photography Scavenger Hunt over on Gallo Organico. It gave me an enormous amount of satisfaction finding all the items on the list and was such a fun thing to do. You can see a round up of my Hunt photographs here

The grandchildren also feature hugely in my monthly number count. I so enjoy collecting my granddaughter from school on the days that I have her, and I look after my grandson for a whole day once a week. Then there are the odd times when they drop in to see me. How lucky was I to get to see her on the day she lost her 1st tooth and be able to document it too? And, in September she turned 6, another number for the list.

There were lots of other events during September. My younger daughter has now gone back to her own home after another prolonged stay with me. We are trusting that she can manage, with the assistance of her husband and the medical services, to try and regain some normality in her life. It is such a long journey she has been on; 2 years since her diagnosis.

Before I started looking after my younger daughter, I belonged to a local Poetry Group. Since she has now returned to Kent, I have rejoined the Group and was invited to afternoon tea at Amberley Castle to get to meet everyone again. What a delicious tea. Wish I could have stayed the night...

September also heralded a whole year of blogging for me. My 1st year. When I look back over that year, I am glad to have recorded so many thoughts and events that otherwise I might not have done. I look forward to a second year and hopefully, many more adventures.

If you want to check out Julie's September Month in Numbers, here is a link. I am sure there will be some interesting facts and figures to be read.

Thanks for joining me this Sunday. 

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The numbers don't lie; you've had a full September. I haven't tracked my numbers yet because I am afraid it will show how very busy I am even though retired!

Louise said...

great numbers...enjoy your poetry group x

Julie Kirk said...

Lovely numbers Irene. So good to hear your daughter is making such progress and that you've already returned your poetry group. You surely deserve a little special time for yourself [especially when there's an afternoon tea involved].

Maybe 'Afternoon Teas are the common thread this month ... there's always something coincidental between several Month in Numbers posts.

Your lovely layout is on the board now http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

I keep meaning to print off my scavenger hunt photos in a little collage too - thanks for the reminder!

Have a great October.

Julie :-)

debs14 said...

So glad to hear that you are able to rejoin your group and make time for yourself after looking after others, especially in such a lovely location!

Sian said...

That's a full month you have had! Any month with so many friends involved is a good one, I always think :)

Melissa said...

What a fun month with visits from friends & so many great days with the grandkids!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the pictures in this layout.
Rinda

Miriam said...

What a lovely month! Your Lo is gorgeous, such a great idea.

alexa said...

I love your page, with its mini-layout of your scavenger hunt - and that photo of your dear grandson is priceless! It's sounds as if it was a busy but rewarding month ...

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Happy Blogaversary!
Glad to read your daughter is feeling well enough to take another step. Lovely grandchildren numbers.

scrappyjacky said...

Love how you've put your page together.

Tamara said...

Great page on your numbers. Fabulous numbers too