Wednesday, 22 August 2012

The Bride is found

You know how it is when you are not looking for something, and then it unexpectedly appears?  While my Yorkshire friend has been visiting, last weekend we went to a local Stately Home. The weather was wonderful and we had lunch sitting outside under a shady tree. As we were chatting, we observed a bridal party gathering on the lawn near to the restaurant. After lunch, we had a walk in the grounds and then I spotted her - A Bride - sitting in the conservatory having afternoon tea.





How lucky am I after these many weeks of searching? I love that a random horseshoe was sitting on the windowsill. Just two more photographs to take for the 2012 Scavenger Hunt, details of which you can find here.

I have had such a great time with my friend, we haven't stopped laughing for days.


And, I have had a haircut. I feel quite light-headed!

Just a few days to get ready for my American friends to arrive. They can't wait to see my grandchildren. It has been a few years. 

Here in the UK, this coming weekend is a Bank Holiday. Enjoy it wherever you are.

9 comments:

helena said...

well done - love the glimpse of bride through the window

Elizabeth said...

Oh, good for you! I also only have two more to go. Wishing us both good luck in finishing.

Beverly said...

How lucky are you?! :) I am starting to feel the pressure of stalking churches on Saturdays lol

Louise said...

oh well done....i'm still on the hunt for a real bride x

alexa said...

Perfect! Hope you continue to have such an enjoyable time :).

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love her! She's so elegant.
Rinda

Alison said...

Well done Irene..she does indeed look very elegant...and that's a great pic of you and your friend!
Alison xx

Melissa said...

Great haircut!

How fun that you found a bride for the hunt!

Kat said...

Well done on getting a shot of the bride... I think I'll have to stalk listings to get my photo... ;)

You asked about how it sounded when the guy played on the saw blade. I can only compare it to the high pitched Chinese string instrument really. But it was interesting how he managed it!