Thursday, 30 August 2012

One more to be ticked off the list

There has been a lot going on in my head this past few days. It all started with a negative, wholly unpleasant, untrue comment on my blog, and my concern that I had somehow offended someone who I greatly admire. It had not been my intention to mention this matter at all but then I remembered that some time ago, I had seen a similar post on Kirsty Wiseman's blog. I cannot now find the link, sorry. I know that it caused distress at the time, but Kirsty dealt with it in her usual fashion, and put the anonymous commentator firmly in their place. And I am now thinking that is what I must do too. It's easy to think that everyone is nice and friendly but I know that not to be true. Given my age, I have experienced a lot of life's hard knocks at the so called door of friendship. I thought about turning off the comments box but then what about all the lovely people who do leave such warm, supportive comments? I wouldn't be doing justice to them.

Time to put the matter to bed, as my ol' granny would say. So here's my next to last scavenger hunt photograph.


My granddaughter Playing A Musical Instrument. Enough to make anyone smile. Sorry for the photo quality. I took it on my phone. Just need one more photograph of me being typically British and I am done. Now there's a challenge!

I hope you enjoyed the links on Sunday's post here. I may make it a regular feature. What do you think?

6 comments:

alexa said...

What a warm and sunny smile to start my day! A lovely sweet photo ... Sorry you've had a bad experience. :( Hope you manage to sort it out.

helena said...

what a lovely happy photo

Elizabeth said...

I love the photo of your granddaughter playing. She's a beautiful child and looks like she full of fun and laughter. I'm down to my last two clues--one is easy enough but one is going to be difficult. Love challenges!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Your granddaughter's smile just lights up the entire photograph! Glad you have such a pleasant little being in your life (especially when there are trolls out there making you unhappy).
Great job on (almost) completing the hunt. I still have the historical landmark to find (and I need the photo of myself, too).
Rinda

Alison said...

What a great pic of your lovely granddaughter...sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience-hope you have got over it now
Alison xx

Gail said...

What a sweet photo of your granddaughter. So sorry you've had a bad experience with a commentor.