Thursday, 16 August 2012

Hunting and an Outing

As the summer is drawing to a close, my diary is being filled with last minute visits from friends and lots of family events. This weekend, a friend from Yorkshire will be arriving and at the end of August, some very dear friends from Rhode Island will stay with me on their whistle stop tour of the UK. I haven't seen them since 2008. There's a lot of catching up to be done.

Speaking of catching up, I have managed another couple of shots for the Scavenger Hunt.


Found in the village graveyard, this Angel Statue stands looking to the sky and is no doubt thinking heavenly thoughts. A dear friend, who died of Cancer, is buried here. I hope the Angel watches over her too.

Next up is A Swing from a friend's garden. Doesn't it entice you to sit under the tree and while away an hour or two? The children all love it.


I have just three more photographs to take. That A Bride is eluding me. When I heard the church bells on Saturday, I was too late to capture her. I may have to resort to other ideas, maybe hang around the bridal shop in town.

The grandchildren enjoyed an outing to Peppa Pig World recently. My two son-in-laws gave them a wonderful day out, which I thought was very kind seeing how neither of them could get the Peppa Pig soundtrack out of their heads for at least the next couple of days!





Now, if only there had been a pink pig instead of a bride on the Scavenger list... I would be as happy as a pig in muck. 

Enjoy your day.

8 comments:

Louise said...

lol i will have trouble with capturing a bride too. Lovely photos x

Sian said...

The pictures of Peppa Pig World made me smile - I know a little boy who would love it!

Elizabeth said...

The Bride seems to be elusive to lots of us. I finally got my bride and she just happened to marry a very good friend of ours. I had considered staking out the church but not many brides seem to marry in August--except me!

alexa said...

Some lovely photos of those little ones - and your angel is serenely perfect...

Maria Ontiveros said...

Lovely angel! And the swing IS enticing. Remember you can always hunt around for a heart shaped stone or a four leaf clover as a replacement.
Rinda

Beverly said...

I've never heard of Peppa Pig but it looks like they had a great time :) The bride is eluding me as well but I have a sneaky fall back plan for that one!

Alison said...

Love the angel, Irene...and the children look so happy !
Alison xx

Missus Wookie said...

Oooh I didn't know there was a Peppa Pig world - I may have to tell some small people I know. I'm sure their parents would be thrilled ;)