Friday, 6 July 2012

On the Scavenge

A few more photographs to add to The Scavenger Hunt list over on Gallo Organico. 


I was invited to a concert last week held at Portsmouth Cathedral and remembered that the list contained a religious building. 

                                

The Cathedral has many links with the sea and I love the brass galleon weather-vane that faces out to Portsmouth Harbour.
   


Another photo opportunity presented itself while I was parked in our local farm shop car park waiting for a passing rain cloud to move on to other pastures. This horse and foal came moseying along to see what I was up to.




I am so enjoying carrying the list around with me and am probably much more observant because of it.


By the way, the Concert was amazing. The ensemble was called VOCES8 and if you ever have the chance to hear them, you are in for a treat. Their voices blending together are extraordinary. 


Enjoy the weekend.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful cathedral--it looks very old. How fortunate the rain cloud came just as the curious horses moseyed on by. I, too, carry my list and camera with me. Never know when something might pop up.

Maria Ontiveros said...

This post makes me so happy - I love that the scavenger hunt is getting you to see things in a new way. That weather vane is beautiful! And the foal so precious.
Happy hunting!
Rinda