Tuesday, 10 July 2012

More Scavenging

A trip on the ferry over to the Isle of Wight provided a few more Scavenger Hunt photographs. If you pop on over to Rinda's post today, she has some wonderful photographs taken during her recent stay in Northern Ireland. I love the supermarket one; what a great place to find a stick and ball. Did someone park it there while they shopped, or maybe left it there by accident? We will never know!



The Isle of Wight has a very fine Steam Railway and is a must with my grandchildren.


Osborne House, the family home of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert gave me the opportunity to showcase 'an historical landmark'. Though I am wondering if Queen Victoria's bathing hut should really be the Hunt's historical landmark. Imagine the tales it could tell... Sadly, I couldn't photograph it as the House was closing for the day, so hope this hut will suffice. 






I thought I would have difficulty with an outdoor stairway but these steps to the beach at Ventnor fit the bill perfectly and the hut above has steps leading up to it. It's amazing how I am finding things now I know what I am looking for.


Eye's peeled for a roadside stall.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The outdoor steps are beautiful. I still haven't found my steps but I'm looking!

Maria Ontiveros said...

We love steam trains. Tried to get to one in Down Patrick, Northern Island but couldn't get there efficiently without a car. Love the staircase, too.
Rinda

Alison said...

Great pics Irene...love the staircase!
Alison xx

Cheri said...

great scavenger hunt pics Irene! I especially love your outdoor staircase... something about the curved lines of the stairs mimicking the waves really draws me in.

Karen said...

Great finds--this post and the last! It's interesting how the list does keep you focused on what you need to find. I knew last weekend I'd get at least three items, but I ended up with five.

Ginger said...

Your photos are fantastic :) I love the outdoor stairs at the beach! I know, isn't it strange when I was out the other day taking photos, I had 3 different ones for the stairs, I had a hard time picking between them all :)

Denise said...

Great pics, I'm still thinking the outside steps are going to be a tricky one for me!

Sian said...

We sailed past the Isle of Wight a couple of weeks ago and we were trying to spot Osborne because I've always wanted to see it. Can it be seen from the water? These are lovely pictures