Saturday, 26 May 2012

It's Grand by the sea

I have had a few problems with Blogger this week. If you have tried to comment and it hasn't appeared, then please accept my apology. I received quite a few e-mail notifications that never made it on to the blog. I observe that I am not the only one, as there have been a few blogs that I follow that have had the same problem. Let's hope it sorts itself out soon!


In the meantime, I have had my head glued to the screen following lessons in Illustrator. As in all things, it is magic when it goes well and hugely frustrating when it doesn't. Still, as they say, 'Rome was not built in a day'...


Every Wednesday, I look after my grandson. Our activities depend very much on the weather and this week it was perfect for a day out. Our closest (and favourite) beach is the one at East Head in the Witterings but as my grandson often goes there, I decided it would be fun to visit another favourite place, East Beach at Littlehampton. It is about a half hour car ride, and my grandson had a little nap on the journey and was raring to go when we got there. By the beach is East Beach Cafe. Prior to the architectural wonder that now houses the Cafe, there used to be just a small run down kiosk. With imagination and the foresight of the need for a cafe to serve both the local community and visitors, the owners have now provided a landmark that stands proud when either viewed from the shore or from the sea. It looks like a piece of driftwood. It truly is remarkable. Go take a look.


 Click on image to enlarge

I have used a digital template, journaling card and elements from Project Life purchased at JessicaSprague.com  When I commenced my digital journey, the first classes I took in Photoshop were with Jessica and I have never looked back. If you are nervous about taking those first baby steps into digital scrapbooking (and more) then I can think of no better place to start. The stripy paper behind the photographs is one of my own 'beach' papers that I am presently working on. I can spend hours choosing colours...

It is incredible to think that during next week it will be the end of May. 'Time flies when you are having fun'. I think that is enough of the idioms for this weekend. My head seems full of them at the moment. Must be all the trips down memory lane for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Celebrations. More on that next week.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Sian said...

Oh, yes! You can make magic when it's going your way :)

I love your seasonal blog headers in the sidebar - I've just noticed that!

Alison said...

Lovely digi LO...I keep promising myself to dip my toes in that particular pond, but haven't been brave enough to do so!
Alison xx

Gail said...

Your layout looks super. I've been taking Jessica's digital classes and am happy to see layouts from someone who has taken them from her. Looking forward to hearing about the big celebrations.