Monday, 30 April 2012

The Road to Recovery

It's that time of the month again - Julie's Months in Numbers. I missed participating in March, and very nearly didn't make it this month having been away. Here's the reason why...




My younger daughter has now returned to her home in Kent. She has been with me in West Sussex for 1 year and 3 months. She is still quite a way from a full recovery of the Sarcoidosis; she may not be able to go back to work for at least another year. However, the Consultant feels confident that with her husband's help and outside caring facilities, they will be able to manage all her present difficulties and she can have some semblance of normality again.


This is an immense step for both of us but a very necessary one. Of course I miss her hugely but I am so happy that she and her husband are able to be together, and we have Skype! I am so grateful that I was able to help them through this difficult time. 


If you haven't checked out Julie's blog, head on over. There are always some fascinating numbers to be read.


I am looking forward to catching up on some blog reads and hopefully blogging more in May. In the meantime, thanks for dropping by.


x

15 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

This gave me a lump in my throat. Wishing your daughter a wonderful new lease of life and wishing you something equally as satisfying to fill your days now she's flown the nest once more.

Your lovely graphic really tells the story too.

Thanks for joining in, you're on the board now with the others: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

Julie :-)

Amanda said...

I hope your daughter continues on her way to a full recovery. It looks like you visited my part of the world.

.....and thank you for your lovely comments.

Vic said...

So glad that R is back home and you are given some time to rest! Hope to see you all again soon. xxx

Jimjams said...

Oh that IS good news - what a great way to document her return!

Louise said...

wishing your daughter well on her road to a full recovery.

Ruth said...

That's a great image you've chosen to illustrate your numbers. I hope you and your daughter settle in to your new routines smoothly.

Nathalie said...

Your page and numbers are such a great way to summarize your trip! I wish your daughter a full recovery. Thank you for stopping by my blog today :)

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

~continuous recovery thoughts~ for your daughter.

Sian said...

It's been a long hard road, I know and I'm so glad to hear this good news. Hurray for family who are there when you need them, but who are also brave enough to let go..x

Alison said...

Hope things continue to improve for your daughter, and hope you get used to being without her again very soon!
Love how you portrayed your numbers!
Alison xx

jennifer said...

A great way to record your month, and a significant step in your's and your daughter's lives. I hope this month brings some new adventures for you too. x

Sheena said...

This is great news x
I hope things continue to improve.

Tamara said...

Oh my I do hope that your daughter continues to improved and she gains better quality of life.

KraftyKaren said...

I just love how you have illustrated your monthly numbers.

Wishing your daughter all the best.

Karen x

Za faran said...

Wish your daughter all the very best on her 'journey' to quick recovery. Lovely piece there with the map. Glad you visited me. Thank you.