Thursday, 16 February 2012

Presents

For the past couple of weeks I have had a chest infection. It hasn't been an easy time. There is my sick daughter to think about and I haven't been able to see as much of my grandchildren as I would have liked, especially as it's half term this week. 


Looking on the bright side, I have been extremely grateful for this




My daughters gave it to me at Christmas and it has given me so much pleasure. It is very light to hold, easy to read and gentle on the eyes. You can download a book immediately and while I have been, to quote an old-fashioned saying, laid up, I have appreciated this immensely. My elder daughter on giving this to me with her sister, joked that my local book store might be nervous about losing one of their best customers. I am happy to say that the Kindle will never replace the way I feel about a book; holding one in my hand, enjoying the artistry of it's cover, checking out the typography, reading it and slipping in a chosen book mark from my rather large collection. Seeing books lined up, and often spilling out (!) on the bookshelves, the Kindle cannot do that. What it does do, is supplement my reading capabilities, and what better pleasure can there be than that.


Enjoy your day and don't forget to pop back on Saturday for some more stitching memories.

1 comment:

Sian said...

I hope you are feeling a lot better very soon! Yes, we gave my MIL a Kindle for Christmas and she feels the same way about hers. A successful gift!