Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Makes me Smile

Don't you just love those conversations you have with a three year old? My grandson and I were at the supermarket sitting in the Coffee Shop. He was having a Babyccino, with marshmallows on the side (sh, don't tell his parents), and I was having a cup of tea. He was very chatty and had drawn quite a crowd of admiring grannies who were already hanging on his every word. He was chatting about his house and my house and how his house was a new one and my house an old one. 


I have only myself to blame for this conversation because in the car on the way to the supermarket, he had asked me why there were wires over the road. I explained to him that older properties often had overhead electric cables and newer houses sometimes had them underground. As we continued chatting over our hot drinks, I mentioned that because his house had a new address, the builders had placed the cables underground. There was a long pause and he said: 'Granny, I don't wear a dress. I am a big boy and I wear trousers'. 




I couldn't agree more.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Certainly he's a big boy - and clever too. Also very smiley and gorgeous!
What fun things little ones say sometimes. This is a story to keep in the "Family Stories" file, I think!