Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Numbering January

Time to start counting as I join up with Julie's Month in Numbers over on notes on paper.


 click on image to enlarge

The month of January definitely has a family feel. While my elder daughter took on some extra work, I got to enjoy more granny time than usual. 

  • At the beginning of the month, my granddaughter's new bed arrived. It is fit for a princess and she reigns supreme in her kingdom (bedroom!). This meant it was time for her brother to move from his cot into his new bed too and following a family tradition, for it's what his mother and sister both did when they were his age, he spent the first night on the bedroom floor wrapped in his duvet while all his soft toys had a comfortable night in his bed. 


  • The whole family enjoyed several outings to the Theatre, as January is the period when our local Theatre puts on productions suitable for children. We all loved Swallows and Amazons which is now travelling around the UK and if it comes to a Theatre near you, do go and see it. It is truly wonderful for all ages.


  • In February, my grandson will be 3 and he is having a Pirate Party in our Village Hall. My elder daughter requested some invitations and we gladly obliged. My son-in-law drew a fantastic pirate ship (well, he is an Art Teacher) and my younger daughter helped to download the design and to print them out. No doubt I will be blogging about his party sometime soon.


  • The enormous amount of tablets my youngest daughter now takes has diminished in number from when she commenced her treatment. Back in September, she took 248 tablets that month and by writing this down for the Month in Numbers, shows me just how far we have progressed. In a couple of days time, she will be down to 10 mg (2 tablets) and will then stay on that dosage for maybe a year. I could have used another number here, as she takes her medication at 9 a.m. each day, but I think the number 156 is enough of a reminder, don't you?

This has been my first attempt at keeping a record of numbers for a month and I have really enjoyed it. During the month, I jotted down in a draft blog special dates etc. I haven't included the number of times that I pick up and drop off my son-in-law at the station each weekend when he comes to visit his wife (9) and my girlfriends didn't want me to mention their ages (!) but it is interesting how relatively easy it is to record events in numbers. Do have a go. I am sure Julie would be delighted if you joined in.

Enjoy your day! 


9 comments:

Sian said...

Aha! Yet another convert! It's a nice way to pull things together for the month, isn't it? Even if I don't get any other events pages scrapped for the month, I feel like I've done a useful bit of recording with this.

10mg - that's bearable :) Hurray

Hannah Milburn said...

A great post, lovely layout and fab blog.

Julie Kirk said...

Irene thank you for contributing such a wonderful post to Month in Numbers. And how lovely to hear of your daughter's progress.

The graphic you created to illustrate it is beautiful and completely inspired too!

I've pinned you to the Month in Numbers board now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

Thanks again.

Julie :-)

Jimjams said...

Brilliant post - I'm really looking forward to getting to know a whole load of new bloggers through this theme!

Nathalie said...

I love that you have put your Month in Numbers on a page already! I really like the font you have used for the numbers and the overall design! Thumbs up!

Melissa said...

Glad to hear your daughter is able to take less medication, and what an exciting month of events. Going to a big bed really is a milestone. Also love your picture up the top recording your numbers, great idea.

Nanna Kate said...

What an absolutely gorgeous month in numbers, obviously family is the most important thing in your world and that's just what I'm about too. I love your post. Aw how cute that your Grandson's Teddies got to spend the night comfortable while he dossed on the floor...! Love that tale (definitely one for his very first girlfriend to hear :o)) X

Suzie said...

Lovely roundup! I love your layout :)

alexa said...

I love the way you've done this - it has such a lovely nostalgic feel with the lined paper. Sorry to hear about the tablets for DD - that's a lot of swallowing. :( Isn't being a grandmother fun, though?