Friday, 30 December 2011

The In-between time

It has been a wonderful Christmas, one in which my sick daughter has been able to fully participate. 


She loves her niece and nephew!

There was the visit to Santa, my granddaughter's school Nativity, the Crib Service on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day spent at my other daughter's house, a trip to the Theatre on Boxing Day to see The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, to name but a few of the highlights we shared. As a family, we feel so very fortunate to have had this special time together. Here is just a glimpse of some of those happy times.



The grandchildren were thoroughly spoiled by Santa this year and I will share some other time the difficulty he had granting my granddaughter's wish for a Princess Castle. But as Santa does, he came up trumps and her face was an absolute picture on Christmas morning. As you can see, our little princess played the part to the max! Her Aunt and Uncle gave her a Dressing up box for Christmas that contained just the right costume. 

Looking at the photographs and with the memories so fresh in my mind, this in-between Christmas and New Year time gives me the opportunity to reflect on how I want to journal them. I didn't manage to keep up with JYC this year. It was hard with all of the hospital appointments just a week before Christmas and being away from home. I so admire all of you bloggers who managed to JYC and December Daily. You found the time, and so must I. As I look forward to 2012, a New Year resolution must be to write more. Lots of my memories are in my head, with not many photographs to back them up. Events that happened a long time ago. I know from my family history research how much I wish I had asked my grandparents about their lives and hopes and dreams. I am sure that my children and grandchildren will be glad that I write about mine.  

1 comment:

Sian said...

They will. They definitely will.