Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Christmas cards and dreams

When I collected my 5 year old granddaughter from school yesterday, she told me that the special theme of the day had been about writing a letter to Santa. It was very important to get the spellings right! On arriving home, she then entertained my younger daughter and myself by showing us a 'twizzler'. The twizzler is a special jump and twist in the air that she had been shown in the playground. I think she meant 'twister' but I am going with twizzler. It sounds much more exciting. Don't know if I have spelt it correctly though. No doubt she will tell me later!


I am still on catch up with my daily journaling pages. Days 3 and 4 are here. 



December 3 was about Christmas cards. I am doing very simple digital pages just so that there is some record of each day. I will be adding photographs at a later date. As this week is the last on my Surface Pattern Design Course, I really want to concentrate on that. I am finding though, by having a template made up for JYC, it's easy just to add that day's prompt to the page. I may change it all later. There's bound to be some quieter moments after the Christmas rush!  



On December 4, the prompt was about Christmas Dreams. This was easy-peasy! I would love to be a pattern designer. As for my family, my wish will be that everyone enjoys good health and has lots of Joy and Peace in their lives in the coming year. In the meantime, the most wonderful thing will be spending Christmas together. There's nothing better than that. Maybe, just maybe, if I have written my letter to Santa with No spelling mistakes, he might just make my dreams come true! 


Wishing you all a good day.

3 comments:

karen said...

love your dream for 2012 - I'm sure it will come true.

Lizzie said...

"Twizzler" sounds quite alright to me - and the spelling looks okay...
The blue and white theme of your pages is very nice - cool and fresh, but pretty. I decided not to "do JYC" or "December Daily" etc, this year. It's just one more thing to get stressed about - and that's not supposed to be the point of it!
Thanks for visiting my blog, and for your kind comments. Nice to meet you!

elinjanne.com said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely pages.
My 6 year old great niece had a chat with me in bed yesterday - she did not get why Santa would bring gifts she had not wished for?
Maybe he wasn`t that good at reading?