Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Looking for inspiration

Some time ago, I signed up for an on-line course The art and business of surface pattern design. The class began on Monday and if I was overly excited about starting the course, you should see me now it has commenced! If you want to know more, just click on the button in the side-bar. If you love patterns and pattern making, you should sign up now. There are students from five continents participating; it's an amazing array of talent. And speaking of talent, go look at rachael taylor's designs and the photography of beth nicholls, both incredible artists. I can't thank them enough for giving me this opportunity to study surface pattern design.


One of our first tasks is to look at the world around us and photograph things that inspire. I am always drawn to the sea and am lucky enough to have it close by where I live. Here are a few shots that have captured my imagination.


 




It will be interesting to see what evolves from these photographs. 


It's Wednesday, and my 'Granny day'. Always an opportunity for a photo-shoot!


Have a wonderful day.

No comments: