Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Brown Paper Bags

Don't you just love (cue music) 'brown paper packages tied up with string...' ? Well, I do!  Sometimes, it's not even the contents of the parcel, but the pretty paper, the ribbon, maybe the box, that makes me want to sing!  


Quite recently, I saw a quick tutorial on Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's site on how to make a sheet of wrapping paper from a brown paper bag. I thought as I had lots of bp bags in the house (more on that later) I would have a go.  This is the result.






The design is Julie's and there is a You Tube video, I think, but I can't find the link. Sorry!  It was such a fun way to use those bp bags and I have since made several sheets of wrapping paper with my own designs.


Another way I used brown paper bags was to make some flower decorations, with the help of my younger daughter and her husband, for my granddaughter's recent birthday party. They looked wonderful hanging from the grape vine. Here they are being 'mass produced' a week before the event.



We found  the pattern for these hanging paper flowers on Martha Stewart's site.


Who knew that brown paper bags could be used for more than just sandwiches!


Thanks for looking at my blog and Happy Wednesday!

No comments: