Thursday, 22 September 2011

Inscribed

Over the Summer, I signed up for an art journaling class with Traci Bautista called Inscribed. Along with my new found love of art journaling, a lot of the course is about lettering, something I have always loved. What could be better than having the two combined? 


An unexpected house guest kept me occupied during August but now I am free to pursue the coursework with the intensity it deserves. Traci is a wonderful teacher!  Very thorough and giving in her inspiration and ideas.  The weekly chats are so informative and helpful.  Although I couldn't join in on the prescribed dates, the chats are recorded and can be replayed at one's leisure.  If you have the opportunity to take one of her many classes, you have a wonderful treat in store.  


I have made a start by creating some background pages and practicing the alphabet.  I am using coloured calligraphy pens for my first samples. 




I am loving the shapes the letters are forming and am going to build on them in my journal.  I will show the results in due course on a finished page.




Have a great day!  

No comments: