Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Going Digital

The world of digital scrapbooking had passed me by until a couple of years ago. Until then, I had always scrapbooked and journaled using photographs, paper and the usual bits and bobs (stuff!) associated with paper crafts.  


About this time, my hands became mildly arthritic and I searched around for alternatives to using material things, like scissors, that were becoming more increasingly difficult to handle.  I chanced upon digital design sites and then sites that were wholly dedicated to digital scrapbooking. There was an enormous scrapbooking industry on the web and I wanted to be a part of it. What a glorious day!


So, what did I do when I want to learn something? Yes, you guessed it, I signed up for a class. I couldn't, at that time, find anything in the UK on the web where classes were offered and, by pure happenstance, I saw that Jessica Sprague in America offered lots of tuition in all things digital. I never looked back! I have been taught by a professional, fun-loving teacher. Her courses are amazing.  I haven't taken them all but I wish I could afford to...  You learn so much. I am now pretty au fait with Photoshop, and am amazed at how much information my old grey cells can remember. 


Following on from yesterday's blog post, here's a double page I digitally scrapped last year about a family holiday



You can click on the image to enlarge it. 


The sun is shining here in the UK, our Indian summer has arrived. I might even take my paint pots outside. 


Have a wonderful day!



No comments: